Standing beside the smaller lake of Pollur, just south of Ánavatn lake, this farm was started in 1858. The 553-m-high site was felt to provide a pretty setting and sweeping view. The first settlers were Kristín, a daughter of Jón, farmer at Aðalból, in turn a son of Pétur at Hákonarstaðir; and Jón, a son of Þorsteinn, farmer at Brú, who was in turn a son of Einar. This farm remained deserted from the time of the Askja eruption in 1875 until nearly 1900. The last family to live there stayed for 34 years and upon leaving in 1946 was the very last to desert Jökuldalsheiði, thereby concluding its highland community history of somewhat over 100 years.